What my Company did during the war.....

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 13:42:26 PDT

Eastman-Kodak brought aerial photography into
effective use. But photography is only 20% of their
business,......... then there's the chemicals.

Xerox wasn't born yet, I don't think.

Acme Electric, a transformer/power supply manufacturer
near here, still had the windows painted over in the
1970's.

Clark Industries, no telling what all they made, but
there is the Clark airborne dozer.

Worthington, compressors and ship fittings I would
guess.

Crosley, in Cleveland, made radios, proximity fuzes,
and a jeep prototype among many other things.

My father worked in the Buffalo shipyards welding up
new landing craft 12 hours/day 7 days/ week for almost
a year in 1941, then signed up.

He drove an M-26 from Pacific Car and Foundry.

Joe