USAF Jeep CJ-10a Tugs and Australian Proj. Perentie Jeep J-10s????

From: BlackBox95@aol.com
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 19:46:29 PDT

Hello list,

Im a newbie. Ive been lurkin on the list for a few months, and have gotten
some great resto ideas and product sources. Thanx! Recently i figured out why
every time i posted, it bounced back :) Anyways, Im from Toledo, Ohio and am
a big Jeep fan. I have two fairly Rare Jeeps that im in the process of
rebuilding. One is the fairly common CJ-10a Flightline 4x2 Tow tractor (NSN#
1740-01-173-0520), the other is a Australian Jeep (c)J10 4x4. There were
three CJ-10 pickups torn down and rebuilt to AU Mil. Spec. at Jeep australia.
Im wondering if anyone has any info, or can put me in touch w/ any contacts
who can give me details about either the CJ-10 ("J10" in Oz) pickups, and the
CJ-10s bobtailed Tug's history, production dates, or who have experience
using them. Also, im trying to track down a CJ-10 Ute bed tailgate, its the
LAST part i need besides the custom rear "safari" canopy to complete my
project. I have done LOTS of homework on these rigs, and probably know more
than the average Joe; but i figured i might just try to get anything from
here as i know there many Aussies here too.
    Also, Any info/history/origination of the Jeep World-Cab style of angled
upper harddoors, and matching Steel Hardtops that were found on many Export
CJ-7 Universals, CJ-8 Overlanders, AK Postals, Cj-10s, Cj-10As, and
Venezuelan Llaneros and long YJs, would be great too.

Many thanks in Advance,
 Justin Clark

- Just a Jeeper