Re: [MV] M38 & "real speed".

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 07:47:10 PST

All depends on how much of the life of your M38 you are willing to
sacrafice.

Is engine in good shape?? Transmission gears all tight and true?? Drive
shafts straight and balanced? "U" joints all tight and well lubed?? Axles
straight? Axle bearings in good shape? Wheels straight? Tires in good
shape and balanced?

Insurance paid? Bell crank in good shape. Front end parts all tight and
true??

Fuel clean and Fuel filter clean.

You really need to get there in a hurry in the Jeep??

I have been in convoy with them when they maintained a steady 55, occasional
bursts some over this.

But mine is kept under 50 for I do not like working on it..

Everette

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary
them nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning
we will remember them.

Lawrence Binyen "For the Fallen"