Re: [MV] M45 vs M35?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 10:05:58 PST

In a message dated 11/11/01 12:50:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
uniquemachine@air1.net writes:

<< Is there a different wheel for the 9.00 and the 11.00 tires for the M35?
How
 much difference is the offset, and is it easy to identify?

Yes, there is a difference. If you have looked at several hundred, it is
easy to identify, if you've only looked at few hundred, it is not!
If you attempt to "dual up" the single wheel, the sidewalls of the tires rub
even without a load. Probably have a book around here somewhere with offset
dimension...I will try to find it. Basically look at area where lug nuts
go...if it sticks out substantially further than where tire bead rests, then
it is the dual wheel...if in about the same plane, then it is single wheel
tire. And just because the M34 vanished some time ago doesn't mean wheels
aren't still in current use...some trailers have the "single" wheel.
Of course we could have long discussion about bolted "combat" wheels, riveted
wheels, welded wheels and heavy wheels, without even touching on CTIS wheels!!

Will look for offset dimension.
David