We won....again!

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 23:02:44 PST

Listers,

For those of you who have been patiently following the Battle of San Pedro
(as it shall be known, now and forever)...we won. End of story. Reportedly
Tora Tora Tora WILL be shown.

Normally I'm a lurker but I just felt I had to come out on this. To those
of you who took the time to write Ms. Hahn, et al, give yourself a BIG pat
on the back. I'm not sure how much ammo we carted up to the front lines on
this one but those folks had their backs to the sea (tactically a very poor
situation to find one's self in) and they should have seen this coming. The
world is becoming a much smaller place, where small-minded folks who
normally operated with impunity under the RADAR are now being exposed for
being, well, small-minded.

And for those of you who are MV List purists, this upcoming event was and
now is to involve HMV's so technically, I don't think I've violated the
spirit of the list rules by bringing this to your collective attention.

Once again, MANY thanks!

Post Script.

AMC (the fellas on your TV) came to San Antonio several years back and
showed 12 O-Clock High on the silver screen at the Majestic Theater as part
of their tour of the country's finest theaters. The event included our
group's attendance in authentic WWII 8th Air Force Class A's, our dates in
authentic 40's finery and Jeeps and staff cars out front on the sidewalk.
(The film broke and burned out right in the middle of the movie (for an
added touch of realism). Folks loved it. About a year later we displayed
sixty to seventy thousand dollars worth of WWII militaria and vehicles
taking up most of AMC Theater's lobby and portions of their hallways for the
opening of Saving Private Ryan with many items that could be seen in or were
relevant to the movie as well as a kitted out command car and a half-track
out front on the sidewalk. Rangers, Army Infantry, Navy, Coast Guard,
Paratroopers, Beach Masters, Signal Corps impressions, etc. were in
attendance at the opening of Saving Private Ryan. To round it out, I carted
 out a ton of my "Home Front" memorabilia, media playing 40's music and
radio programs from a stand-up Philco, right on down to an honest to God
four son in service flag and the theater go-ers in both cases were in awe.
They learned a great deal in the bargain as all displays were manned and
interpreted for the public...all for the price of a movie ticket. Makes it
all worthwhile. Here's hoping the San Pedro guys make all of us proud!