My CCKW by accident yesterday.....

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 14:26:14 PST

Yesterday I was playing with the 57mm AT gun. I have it being lifted by the
trails from
Annie the CCKW Schield-Bantam crane.

I was planning on working on the hand brake arms. To do this, I decided to
raise the
trails till the barrel hit the ground.

I started up Annie and let it warm up a little. As it was hanging from one
of the winch
cables off of the boom, I had to leave the folding doors open that prevent
the weather
from falling down into the crane mechanism.

I went to engage the in-out clutch to enable the winch, and the boom swung
quickly to the
left and into the 1/2 cab of the CCKW! WOW, was I surprised!!! I quickly
disengaged the
clutch and noticed the gun rocking back and forth... It being still attached
during this unplanned
'swing'. The rain had frozen the left swing clutch and it was just waiting
for some stupie to
engage the master clutch...

I looked over the cab and can see no damage. I know understand why that side
of the 1/2
cab is plate steel...

The gun is now hanging from a chain from the boom and the doors are
closed...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce (who still has all his fingers and toes....somehow!)