Re: [MV] Don't get we wrong

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 06:50:35 PST

At 9:24 AM -0500 3/13/03, Glen Bedel wrote:
>I USED to live in Jersey so I know what Joe speaks about.

The tales of how you're automatically guilty until proven innocent
with regards to guns in Jersey keeps me far away from that state.
When I went to buy the Dingo, I spent as little time in that state as
possible. Over the border, find the place, chat with the seller, pay
a deposit, back across the border. No dallying. I'll avoid the state
on road trips too.

I very much hope that Joe is able to get his collection back. It
sounds like the department and the prosecutor have personal designs
on the firearms. More than once, I've heard accounts of firearms from
collections "confiscated" and then when finally returned, they just
weren't the same weapons. Parts missing, accessories broken or not on
the weapons any more.

Joe, do you have pictures of them all? Even though your lawyer says
not to get the NRA, you might investigate getting the SAF involved in
the case. They handle the 2nd amendment laws that seem to break the
constitution, and they seem to do better than the NRA does. Witness
their shall issue case in Ohio.

--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '43 Humber MkIV (1/2)