Bio-Diesel and Multi-Fuel Engines

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 02:36:15 PST

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of Bio-Diesel in a Multi-Fuel engine???

Also I haven't yet been into the mechanics of a Multi-Fuel engine fully
yet and wondered what the differences over a standard Diesel engine are,
and if anyone can see a reason why bio-diesel would not work? ... from
an overall perspective of it I'd say that it would work extremely well
and efficiently.

For those of you who mightn't have heard of Bio-Diesel it's a Diesel
created from new or used vegetable oil and processed with a small amount
of alcohol catalyst to create the Bio-Diesel and glycerine. The
Bio-Diesel can then run in any normal Diesel engine without any engine
mods. Works out to cost about 7p (approx US10c) per litre.

I found this on a bio-diesel forum:...
What my fuel did today:
Saved a farm
Fed some stock