Removing duece lug nuts

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 06:46:12 PST

my .02

My son and I were going to remove wheels from deuce; I have proper sized
socket for the job. Put socket on nut, short extension, 3/4 dive break-over
bar, exert considerable effort; nothing moved

by considerable effort I mean most of my over 300 pounds body weight -

then go get 8 foot pipe place over handle of extension, my weight plus my
son's weight, combined something over 500 pounds, with both of us bouncing
on pipe nut comes loose, leaving only 20 some more to go. Twice that many
considering inside studs on dual wheels.

 I called a fellow who has tire service to come and take balance loose. No
strain, no danger, took him about 30 minutes with 1" impact wrench to loosen
inner and outer nuts and studs. Cost was much less than doctor visit to
take care of what could have happened to either of us had we continued.
Everette

Not always correct; but never in doubt