Re: [MV] M-37 ignition troubleshooting

From: James Stead (gadget@EasyPath.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 14:51:54 PST

Mike,

    It's just one possibility, but have you checked the spark at the gap of
the plugs? I don't think checking for a spark from the wire to the plug is
enough. I've had plugs with cracked insulators which allowed the spark to
jump inside the recess of the plug rather than at the gap. I've also had
fouled plugs where the spark chose to jump to the side instead of across the
gap. The fuel mixture doesn't always light when they spark like that.

Jim