Re: [MV] insurance

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 15:45:44 PST

> Does anyone out there have experience with AIG?

AIG was one of the more professional companies when I was in claims (
1982-1992 ). A friend writes a lot of their national comp policies and I
get to hear how they are set up from time to time. They concentrate on
commercial stuff, and are really really driven to make a profit ( MUCH more
so than other carriers )... But I've never heard a bad thing about their
claims handling.

Pricing would depend on whether they are trying to get into the area you
have the MV in. State Farm is ... not pulling back, but definitely not
happily accepting new vehicles here in N. California. They probably will
in 5-7 years, but not currently.

        Paul