Mounting an MG on an M35A2 Questions

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 09:10:23 PDT

  Greetings all....

I picked up an MG ring, legs and trolley in Churchville on Wednesday AM
shortly after pulling into our spaces. One big score, out of money and three
days to go.... it was a living hell.
    I located vendors there who have the correct pintle and mount (purchased
same and will pick up, hopefully, Friday), the spring footed can tray that
mounts on the gun mount (brought home from Churchville), and the ready ammo
can trays and barrel clamp that go on the legs (will be sending money for
pick up at ??? (COMVEC?).
    Will be ordering a repro gun from Steve Workman.

    I have searched MILDOCS, ETM and the archives, plus done several Goggle
searches without a lot of luck turning up info. Someone out there must have
done a webpage covering the following items. If not....

    Now the questions:

    A) What manuals cover the system used on the M35A2?
            I see that the 209-34P manual shows a different mount kit than
the 361-34P..... Neither MILDOCs nor ETM seems helpful on finding info.

    B) What about the trolley, pintle and cradle? Manual numbers?

    C) For those who have mounted a ring/leg setup, did you use the Cab
Reinforcement Kit? Is this necessary for a non firing gun to keep from
cracking the cab?

    D) Sources for the reinforcement kit? (Other than Churchville)

    E) Are the angle brackets shown in the 361-34P mount necessary/better
than what's shown in the 209-34P?

   F) How about sites you've come across while surfing with pictures from
folks who have armed deuces?

   G) Sites of other vendors of repro guns on the net?

    H) How about sources of mounting kit parts that I may be missing?

    I) What is the correct version of .50 Caliber usually found on the
Deuce? Spade Grips?

    J) Anyone taken a bunch of pictures of their setup, including
installation details? (I know....it was at Churchville, why didn't you walk
around and take the pictures yourself ?)

    Any info would be appreciated.
    Regards, Ron