Re: [MV] M35 air buzzer question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 07:53:53 PDT

A note on the air buzzer. I delivered a water buffalo the other day and
hooked up the air hoses but never opened the air cocks as the buffalo had no
brakes anyway. After dropping said buffalo I left and apparently forgot to
put the dummy gladhands back in place. On the 60 mile ride home I noticed on
one long brake that the buzzer came on. Low & behold the service air cock had
been opened, probably by one of the kids. I hadn't noticed it up to this
point because the dummy hand was in place. I would never have noticed the
light nearly as quick as I heard that dang buzzer. I'll keep mine.
  Also on the subject of low air warning light kits, My truck has the lamp
assy from one mounted to the extreme left on the dash. Its hooked up to a
switch on the parking brake. It is very handy and I'll be making the same
install on my other truck. The switch appears to be an M151 brake light
switch so I am told. The same switch would work good as a backup light
switch mounted with linkage to the reverse shift rail on the M35.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 AMG M35A2
73 AMG M275A2