Re: [MV] rust inhibitor

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 20:41:46 PDT

I don't know anything about the mil stuff, but automotive paint stores carry
stuff called Rust Stop, or Rust Mort, I forget the difference between them.
It is about $30/qt, but a quart would cover a lot of area. It neutralizes
the rust and turns it into a black, hardened surface that can be painted
over. There needs to be some amount of rust on the surface you apply it to
in order to be effective, so don't apply it to clean painted surfaces, just
the rust areas. Use a brush. It can be sanded, but a respirator should be
used. Auto paint stores could tell you more than I can about it, but from
my limited use it seems to be effective.