Re: Air Intake (was Deuce with single 1100 NDCC's)

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 14:58:19 PDT

Hi Joe,
The air intake extension is a standard, off-the-shelf muffler shop item. I
took the "mushroom" to the shop and asked them to weld the elbow to it. It
is like a plumbing fitting (street elbow?), slightly larger in one end and
slides right over the piece that protrudes from the air filter canister.
The horizontal "mushroom" keeps snow out in the winter and being visible
from the driver's seat, branches and leaves are easily spotted, which could
otherwise block the intake.
Also, perhaps less important, made waterproof, it adds almost a foot to the
fording depth of the vehicle without the use of a snorkle.
The tubing structure that holds the the flood lights is also a muffler shop
job. It fits in the shaped "channels" in the back of the cab and is mounted
with standard muffler clamps, which fit in original pre-drilled holes.

The camo paint pattern is original USMC (fading badly, it needs attention).

Thanks for looking.

Bjorn