Yellow Noses

From: kbernste32@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 04:42:43 PDT

Hi Dave -
The Yellow Nose was the mark of the 8th Transportation
Group in Vietnam, ran supplies to Pleiku. The commander
wanted to be able to recognize his trucks from the air, in order
to verify they were where they were supposed to be.

The spec is old Caterpiller Yellow, painted on the hood
up to the edge of the grille guard. It should be masked
vertically in a cut plane.

Most of the deuces of Our club has agreed to paint our trucks that way
to memoralize 8th line haulers who died in ambush.
See www.gmmvc.org. Our Line Haul Historian is Jeff however
for questions (vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com)

I hope this helps / Kerry