Re: [MV] Get a 'real diesel' dor your M35...

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 09:19:02 PDT

I've worked on the control systems for some of those large natural gas
compressor engines.

Texas Gas was having some problems with a touch screen we sold them, so I
got to go visit some of their pumping stations. The engines were about 40
feet long, 15 feet tall, etc. They didn't know how many HP they cranked
out, but there were 6-8 engines per pumping station. Gas came into the
station at a couple hundred PSI and left at about a 1000 PSI. That was
good enough to get the gas about 80 miles or so.

They were having problems when they started and stopped the engines. So of
course I had to try them out a few times! We finally found the problem and
the screens were not at fault. I believe those engines started on
compressed air. But it was a fun trip!

I would be concerned about the hood length if an engine of this size was
fitted to a duece. (;->)

Dave