Re: [MV] Homeland security - MV scams, etc.

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 12:23:53 PDT

Actually homeland security is [not] in charge of the
Secret Service per se, rather it is a facilitating
agency that promotes the free flow of information and
cooperation between allied "law enforcement" agencies,
sometimes using a little arm twisting to get
cooperation, but it hasn't much juice.

It is somewhat like S-5 is to the Army.

Unfortunately, the FBI and other such agencies STILL
like to keep "really good" information to themselves.
This is primarily because of a complete lack of
understanding (or caring) what is releasable and what
is not and a lack of trust between agencies.

I've never had much luck getting information from any
agencies, just individuals that bent the rules. FBI,
SS, etc., always took the intel and I never heard
another thing... never. That part was kinda
disappointing and after a time I just did like most of
my peers and said screw it, you get nothing, you
arrogant bast=#$!

Second in gumming up the works is this ego part.
Basically this means "never share the glory from a
good bust." By hogging the credit you are justifying
your agencies worth over another agency and this
eventually gets around to funding and showing Congress
how really, really good you are compared to XYZ
agency. They don't say that of course, but it's in
there between the lines, you can count on it!

The FBI, SS, BATF and others still do not talk to each
other as much as they should and probably never will.
Why? Interagency rivalry is and has always been
rampant and this really bogs down the system. Which
is why we have this idiotic homeland security wasting
even more of your tax money and producing little or no
results. It's a joke as is cooperation between
agencies and the "allegation" they are soooooo
overworked fighting terrorism... oh if the truth were
known! lol

The system is pretty lousy when you look real close.

The MV content is the part about the fraud scams from
con artists trying to buy your MV goods and who is
responsible. Thanks for indulging me!