Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] duece tires needed

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 10:09:33 PDT

REMEMBER:

The back end of a deuce is in 8WD ALL the time. The tires MUST be matched!

At least the ones that touch the ground within about 1/4" circumference.

Going the 'inexpensive route' with unmatched tires may cost you more
later....

A couple years ago, I was on a road trip with my CCKW on a nice road. As we
started out, I told my wife that either there was something seriouly wrong
with the
deuce OR I had a flat tire on the outside on the rear. I could hear the
binding/fighting
of the powertrain. I run a matched set on the outside and older smaller
tires on the
inside. When we stopped, I had a flat on the outside....

In addition, leave the back tires alone and keep replacing the fronts. DO
NOT rotate
the tires to the front. The fronts last about 4-5k miles on my CCKW and the
rears last
about 30k miles. (you have 8 tires saying we are going straight and 2 in the
front saying
'please' turn..)

BTW David Doyle agrees with me.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce (50k+ miles on my CCKW)