Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV steering / ign switch problem

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 09:11:33 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "MV Don Low" <MVdonlow@hotmail.com>
<chance_wolf@shaw.ca>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV steering / ign switch problem

> Mine is not !

You've got the square key for ign? Just out of curiousity, is your vehicle
ex-USAF? (reg number will be something like "85K1234" instead of the armyish
"NFODRS")

I dug up the fleet-ignition cylinder part number out of the army's GM Parts
Book, but I don't know whether it's a generic GM ign cylinder listing (i.e.,
random keying), or the specific CUCV key pattern. I guess if someone wanted
to buy one they could run it by their local GM dealer and see. Anyway,
here's the listing out of the book anyway:

"CYLINDER, W/KEY, STRG COL IGN LK" p/n 7843294

It was $32.00 dealer list back in 1986, so who knows now. The actual
electrical switch which connects to the ign cylinder lock assy also has a
part number if anyone's interested:

"SWITCH, STRG COL IGN" p/n 1990115

Also, the CUCV door locks w/key are:

"LOCK, Dr Saf, W/Key (Less Pawl)" p/n 15599677