Aberdeen '04

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 15:26:03 PDT

WOW! Best 'deen for me, in so many ways, in a decade!
Thanks to all of my supporters and patrons. I was
almost sold out of deuce, mainly M35A2, parts on
my first day there (late AM, Thursday). Was so busy
I never got to prep a meal the three days I was
there. Even missed out on the two major feasts that
I was invited to. Crowd stayed under my canopy well
into the evenings. I nailed some deuces, short for
deuce-and-a-half, this present auction, so be looking
for some trucks on my web site in the near future.
I felt right at home in 'deen, with one of my trucks
(Jim Stead's) M35A2 w/w parked next to me. I can't
count how many of my truck customers stopped by to
see me. Hankie was another parked by me, but he did
not bring the M109 I sold him, but he did bring paint.
The camaraderie was beyond description. I made so
many new friends, it's unreal. Like the very young
fellow just getting into the hobby. Cripes, I gave
him such deals on stuff. He got inquisitive, so I
explained that he being new to the hobby I sure'n
heck wasn't going to start him off with a "bad taste"
in his pursuit for parts. He came back to gawk at
parts he didn't need, just to learn more. Another new
friend is the man and his son with the singled out
deuce with the crane on it. Special thanks to Bruce
Kubu for all of his efforts in getting me there and
back. Thanks to all of you (nameless to me at present,
cept I do remember Rick Thiers)
that helped me set up and pack up, I really appreciate
the help.
To all of you that stopped by and bought or just
gave me inspiration and support, I thank you.
My MVPA recruiting effort was also a success. Welcome
aboard, new mwmbers!
Joe "not down by a long shot" Young