Re: [MV] Homeland security

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 01:17:29 PDT

everette wrote:

> These posts bring to mind the fellows in the east somewhere that had their
> rubber rifles, and lots of other stuff confiscated a few years back. From
> memory it cost some major dollars to get the stuff back.

I had some stuff returned by US Customs last week and marked as
'unidentified equipment' despite the customs stickers.

They were plastic cards with a cm scale on them and magnetic tape on the
back commonly known as Photographic Scales and widely used to slap on an
object so as to provide a size scale in an image.

I suspect the magnetised tape confused them

--
TTFN
Jim