Detroit 6V53 idling problem....

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 11:19:32 PDT

List,
    Does anyone know what would make the Detroit 6V53 engine start to raise it's RPM while idling after it warms up? There is a guy who's not on the list, but is having this problem. The vehicle is an M548A1. I asked a friend on the list who used to own one, but he said he never heard of nor had this problem with his. It sounds like something in the injector pump might be bad to me, but I have no idea what. The only way I see for idle to increase is by increasing the amount of fuel coming through the injector. The only guess I can come up with is dribbling/weak injectors. Any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    --Neil