M35 and M54 transfer case questions

From: Bill & Bonnie Prestin (bprestin@chartermi.net)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 12:14:01 PDT

Hi, I just finished sliding a new transmission into place in my M35 truck,
The old one was making some funny noises (but only after extended driving
when hot) and I figured I had better swap it out. I popped the top off it
after It was out and everything looks really good. Anyway, anyone know what
oil I should be putting into it. I have used 85W-140 for years in all my
gear boxes of both the 5 ton and deuce. But now I am wondering if this is
too heavy an oil, and maybe I should swap to 80W-90.

Bill
Michigan