M1009 Painting ideas

From: MV Don Low (MVdonlow@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 20:11:21 PDT

OK, I got Manual locking hubs installed today, Crome as all get out, Driving
me nuts , My Son (who put them on, pollished them ) YUCK. well he did put
em on for me !

So light sandpaper and paint em black, like the old auto hubs ?

Ideas ? whats a easy way to scuff the crome up so it will take the paint
?
Best paint Krylon ?

And while I am at it, the radio antenna was painted Sand (desert storm) YUCK
your not supposed to paint antenna , and green on sand give it a good
contrast .

So how would I remove the paint from a fiberglass antenna with out runing
the antenna ?
Sandpaper sound like a bad idea to me.

Still looking for a drivers side seat, 1984, (would like a recliner if
possible)
Ideas ?