Re: [MV] M800 series power upgrade package available

From: Dave Barbieri (Dave.Barbieri@marshall.tstc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 06:34:30 PDT

Adding a turbo will generate a LOT of fun for a short period of time.
<grin> The concerns about piston cooling are valid. The normally
aspirated NHC 250 does NOT come with piston cooling jets; adding a turbo
WILL generate more combustion heat and pressure than the pistons can
deal with. This engine can be fitted with a supercharger, boosting
power to 265hp. The supercharged version was a popular powerplant in
Crown busses in the late 60's/early 70's.

This Thursday, we're heading to San Antonio to pick up a 5T wrecker.
Everybody in the program is pretty excited - we have some definite use
for this puppy!! Here's a coupla pics:

http://esbd.tbpc.state.tx.us/surplus/federal/pictures/SD43854003002.jpg

http://esbd.tbpc.state.tx.us/surplus/federal/pictures/SD43854003002-1.jpg

http://esbd.tbpc.state.tx.us/surplus/federal/pictures/SD43854003002-2.jpg

Dave Barbieri
Diesel Equipment Technology
(903) 923-3246
(903) 935-9554 fax
dave.barbieri@marshall.tstc.edu

>>> w7ls <w7ls@blarg.net> 5/29/2004 2:26:44 PM >>>
Y'all (er, All y'all. Sorry)
  If anyone is interested in hotrodding their M800 series truck that
has the standrd NH-250 (I think that is the designation for a non turbo
855 small cam 250 Hp Cummins engine that the mil uses), I have the stuff
to kick it up to 350 Hp. That includes the turbo (for more wind), bigger
injection pump (more fuel) and bigger injectors (bigger holes for more
fuel).
  This is working takeout from an engine that spun the main bearings.
Beyond that, I can't guarantee it. $650 plus shipping from 98019 (kinda
near Seattle). I'll put it on a small pallet or in boxes, depending. I
don't know the weight, but it's under 100 pounds. Let me know. Jim

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>