Drive your HMV! was: [MV] Fwd: [MV] D-Day in Bangor

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 12:35:16 PDT

At 5:42 PM +0100 6/6/04, Robert Soar wrote:

>Kick, two three, <expletive>
>Kick, two three, <expletive>
>Kick, two three, <expletive>
>Kick, two three, <expletive>
>Kick, two fire, run <expletive surprised expletive!>

I've done that. With several cops standing around gawking and

>In my more sober moments this week I have been
>thinking of the thousands of young, frightened,
>apprehensive, seasick troops landing on the
>beaches, the paratroops landing and drowning in
>the marshes, the dead, the wounded and the
>survivors. Thinking of them and of those who
>fought in every theatre throughout the Second
>World War. Those who fought for freedom from
>tyranny. How betrayed they must feel in today's
>world ...

No kidding. Its a sobering thing to reflect on.
Its something I try to think about when I go to
re-enactments. Just the simple things of a hot
shower at the end of the day after a show is
amazing. That's something the troops didn't think
about for weeks to months on end.

Up the American, British, Canadians and other
nations that fought on this most pivotal day in
the fight against the Huns.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)