Re: [MV] Thanks Dixie Division MVPA for Convention Job well done!!!!

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 19:50:02 PDT

>Thanks to All the Dixie Division for hosting the 29th
>MVPA Convention in Mobile, AL!! A Job well done!!!!

Yes, dito. We had a good time, drove down from WI, 18 hours stopping only
for incoming and outgoing liquids. Had a really nice room, 26th floor
facing the water and could see the battle ship out in the distance, which we
never had time to go visit. Just a shame the friday BBQ got so messed up
with running out of food, other than that all went well.

Got a question for someone who might be in a position to know, what was the
vehicle count and breakdown, and who won what awards? Just wanted to put a
little blurb together for our local newsletter.

Many thanks to Jim Gilmore for volunteering me to be a judge, did not finish
till 4:30pm friday, but it was kind of fun, should be better, and faster, at
it next year. There were some really nice vehicles there, to think of the
cumulative hours that all those people put into all that restoration......
mind boggling.

Thanks to all the local crew down there, that was the first time I'd been in
Mobil, or Alabama for that matter, and things went very well.

Now, next year your all going to sort of be in our back yard. Hope to see
many of you there, remember that the Iola Military show is the following
weekend, I'll be at both for sure.

later,

je