Re: [MV] 4th of July...

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 13:17:11 PDT

Suggestions that I have used for 24 years in parades now:

SMILE...... and have everyone else in the HMV do the same.

Make eye contact with a young child or elderly person. They
are usually ignored by patrticipants.

Periodically look where you are going..... Keep your distance!

Be prepared for some ignorant jerky teens/kids that throw
things. I was taking a tight corner last year in a very large parade
in Lexington Mass with my CCKW towing the 57mm AT
gun when something hit my cheek, bounced off my lap and exploded
on the floor! It was one of those things the junk vendors sell that
explode when they hit the ground.... Imagine it hitting a horse in the
eye....

I called Lexington about this and they told me they are illegal in
Mass... Lota good it did me. I may try a different approach in the
future and try to buy some and if they sell them to me get the police!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce