Re: Unimog insurance problems (Maine)

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 11:56:10 PDT

Short story on Progressive...

A few years ago I bought a new Ford light truck as part of my business.
   I was only in business for 1 year at the time. An independant agent
found me a policy for the truck it was $3000/yr - they told me since it
was a new business and blah blah blah, no experience blah blah blah...
so I paid through the nose for 6 months and then started pursuing
liability insurance for the company for a special job I had to do .. I
asked a local Farm Bureau guy about insurance and he estimated no more
than $1300/yr - and then wrote me a better policy than Progressive for
just a little less than $1300 - full liability on a 40K vehicle, 500K of
liability - full commercial insurance.

I now have:

1 million dollar business liability coverage
Ford light truck coverage - as described above
2 1/2 ton GMC truck liability only - 500K liability
71 Transtar Semi tractor coverage - 500K liability

All for just a little more than what Progressive was charging for
coverage on the Ford Light truck alone.

So like I said - run - do not walk away from Progressive.

Dave