Cradle question

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 13:13:06 PST

Maybe this part of my question was overlooked in my last email.

Question:
=================================
Now I have a question about the cradles I have. I got one from Gene some
time ago, and it has a short shank. The cradle I got from Rick with the
ring has a long shank. The trolley I got from Rick works fine with the long
shank cradle (I guess they were made for each other :-). Will the short
shank cradle work in it too (too heavy to lift up to try). The short one
has something the long one doesn't, on one side it has something that looks
like a spring housing, about 4" in diameter and maybe 1.5" deep with a big
hex in the middle. This cradle is heavier and I would to use it. The ammo
tray is interchangable between the two.

So what is this cradle made for?