Re: [MV] bio diesel and other fuel options

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 08:06:01 PST

Howdy Fred,

For over at least forty years there have been bypass filters using rolls of
toilet paper or paper towels to filter crankcase oil. If they are correctly
engineered they work very well.

I would not consider putting such oil back into an engine unless your engine
uses a lot of oil and you have to constantly replenish. The trace elements
of oil additives in the petroleum companies 'formula' for that oil may have
been consumed. One way of determining whether or not you should reuse the
oil for its intended purpose would be to send a used and new sample of the
oil to an analysis company and ask them to see if the 'additive package' is
still intact in the used sample.

Good Luck!

Mel Miller
Corpus Christi, TX