Re: [MV] Danger M416

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 22:08:01 PDT

Claude, if you put the load forward of the centre of gravity, you should
have no problems. I personally try to have about 150 pounds tongue weight.
The only problem I ever had was going down a mountain in Ireland at about 95
mph. The 416 (with about 800 pounds on board) began bouncing side to side
severely enough to affect my Jeep's steering. I let off the gas and dropped
down to 85 and the problem did not happen again. With the 416 empty, I have
driven 120 with no problems. Yes, 120, it has an LS1 Chevy motor, and Dodge
one ton brakes. (Love those Autobahns!)
The only time my 416 has 'lifted up', has been off-roading at over 30 mph
over severe terrain. A tractor trailer has never affected the trailer or my
steering.
-Sarge