Re: [MV] 20 years from now

From: Doc Bryant (rbhonk1@cox.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 12:06:36 PDT

Until oil hits about $10 gallon, it will be the cheapest fuel and price
drives demand. If oil hits $10 a gallon, I will be able to afford an M35!

I remember what it was like when oil was $10 a barrel. I went from a very
nice tidy income to minimium wage.
Current US Energy policy is driven by keeping the price of gasoline/heating
oil and natural gas relatively cheap, since thats what Joe Public uses. We
are seeing wind turbine "ranches" here in West Texas as an adjunct to coal
and natural gas fired electric generating plants.

There are major issues conspiring against use of wind and nuclear energy.
Not In My Back Yard is the big one for wind farms. Thats also big for
nuclear power, if someone could economically build a new nuclear powered
generating station. Three Mile Island pretty much put paid to nuclear power
in the US for the forseeable future.

Doc Bryant