Re: [MV] Horn sound

From: Doc Bryant (rbhonk1@cox.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 07:55:00 PDT

Granted trainline air is much less than 200 PSI. The experiment I was party
to that used 175 psi on a set of Nathan K5LA's was enough to break me of any
idea of running a higher pressure through them.

After we got done blowing these horns, I asked the body shop owner what kind
of pressure he was running for shop air. He told me 175 psi. Most body
shops that I called on were lucky to get 120 psi on a good day. I suggested
the next time we tested out some horns there it would be advisable to lower
the line pressure.

There was one good thing that came out of this test. Darryl, the shop
owner, raised racing pigeons. The noise set the entire flock in flight and
they did not return for three days. He appreciated the discount in his
pigeon feed bill.

Doc Bryant