M35A2 Starter

From: Verne J. Valentine (thebear@seanet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 22:55:34 PDT

I am trying to disassemble the starter and the solenoid on the deuce. The
starter is not working properly and I suspect the solenoid but as long as I
have the starter out I thought I would clean the starter, maybe replace the
brushes, or whatever else might need attention...

Does anyone have some directions or tips on how to do this? I have the
starter out of the truck OK but I am concerned about the disassembly.. It
is not clear to me how the starter and the solenoid come apart..

As always many thanks in advance to your help..

Verne Valentine
M35A2
MVPA 20863