Re: [MV] Tripping from Vegas to South Dakota!

From: Herr Bookmonger (bookmonger@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 21:52:50 PDT

Personally, sanity would preclude me from making Las Vegas the locus of a
driving vacation in August. You're over 21, and cars tend to be more
reliable these days, but still. That said, you might be thinking of "the
famed Airplane Graveyard-Bone Yard at Davis Monthan Airforce Base. The
Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Center AMARC is where the U.S. Air
Force mothballs planes until they either need them again or it's time to
salvage them for parts."¹

¹ http://www.thepepper.com/tucson_airplane_graveyard.html description & map

http://www.strategic-air-command.com/bases/Davis-Monthan_AFB.htm the base

http://www.dm.af.mil/amarc/ the activity