Hummer parts

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 18:40:09 PDT

Guys,

A local volunteer fire department appears to have gotten more than they bargained for and ended up with a bunch of Hummer engines and transmissions in the cans and various other assorted and sundry Hummer parts, the volume of which is about 8' wide and about 40' long and 4' deep.

Reportedly, the engines and transmissions all have something wrong with them. I am still investigating, but reportedly I can take the lot for a very small "donation."

My question is this...are the engines and trannys (assuming they can be repaired) worth hanging on to for purposes of resale. I am in Texas which appears to be the edge of the known world for most of you and shipping anything of weight always appears to be a deal-breaker.

Any input would be most appreciated.

TJ