[MV] Cracked MB Block - any suggestions ?

From: Glenn (glenntaylor@hotpop.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 13:24:52 PDT

Hi all
New to list - '42 MB owner since 1987
It has always lost a little water. Then it started getting water in the
oil - not much, but oily emulsion on the dipstick.
Changed the head gasket 3 times in 3 years. Didn't fix the problem. Couldn't
see anything wrong with the head/gasket/block surfaces.
Recently I drained the sump for the annual oil change. The first thing to
come out was a litre of water !!
Ouch !!.
Are there any sealer compounds worth trying or is it a strip down and stitch
(or weld ?) job ?

Any advice appreciated.
Glenn (UK)