Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 20:33:52 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Taylor" <usms@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Homeland Security Needs Your Help

> Thugs, rottweilers, denote the same personality flaw.

Interesting you personally view it that way.

> None of those gentlemen at the border probably
> have idea one what a collectors vehicle looks like and 99%
> of this country would have no idea as well.

Well, generally the 'Military Vehicle Preservation Society' 4" diameter
decal right next to the driver's window points them in the right direction,
and a few polite questions followed by equally polite answers helps lick the
envelope.

> I applaud their
> curiosity. A similiarly curious inspector stopped a plotted
> bombing of the control tower at LAX using the same tactics
> in recent memory.

Let's be honest here. Their hawk-eyed vigilance shoring up the bulwarks of
democracy missed my bright white Canadian plates and my MVPA sticker despite
the fact both were right beside the Rottweiler Choir the whole time I was in
the lineup, and when I parked beside them prior to the onset of the Spanish
Inquisition.

> As far as what you were wearing, wasn't McVeigh wearing
> a similar t-shirt?

Yes. The truth comes out. When I purchased my "Rockport, WA" tourist
t-shirt from Liquidation World for 99 cents ($463.50 Canadian) I threw
caution to the wind and bared my seditious soul for all to see. Either that
or it had a cool wolf picture. Your call. He's a smiley kinda wolf if that
helps your decision at all. Plus there's no Harley.

> Once again, their quoted unprofessional behavior is unacceptable
> and is deserving of a phone call to their area supervisor.

Fair enough.

Anyway; I'm sure the list would like to return to F-head bolts and HMMWV
"X"-doors, so maybe we should call it a day.